Diet Sodas Drinkers: Are You
by: Kim Beardsmore
Many of us have grown up drinking caffeinated diet sodas as an alternative to sugary regular sodas.
We figure this is a better choice rather than loading ourselves (and our children's bodies) with
large quantities of sugar. Whilst diet sodas do help us avoid a sugar overload (which can lead to
weight gain) we should also be aware of the effects of caffeine contained in many cola flavored
Caffeine is a diuretic causing the body to excrete water. The net result of drinking several
caffeinated drinks during the day is to deplete, rather than replinish the body's fluids. Where
such drinks ar the primary source of daily fluid intake, the net result may be a loss of water
which may actually lead to dehydration. It is not uncommon for many of us to be unknowingly
Here are some common symptoms of dehdration. If you recognise any of these symptoms you may be able
to improve your health by simply drinking 6 to 8 glasses of pure, fresh water a day.
1. The most common symptom is headaches. A major function of water is to flush toxins from the
body. Your brain is 75% water, so even being slightly dehydrated can cause headaches.
2. Poor concentration/fatigue. If you body can't get rid of the toxins it will struggle and you
will feel less energetic as your body diverts energy to deal with the toxins.
3. Constipation. Your body will divert water to more essential functions and as a result your
stools will be harder and more difficult to expel.
4. Reduced urine output or dark urine. Did you know that up to 200 litres of water is passed
through your kidneys daily? Without a fresh supply of water for the kidneys to filter waste
products out of the blood, your urine will become darker.
5. Furry tongue or bad breath. If you don't have enough water passing through the mouth to wash
away food particles, bacteria can proliferate and result in that 'furry' feeling or bad breath.
6. Skin. Your skin should feel elastic. When you pinch the skin on the back of your hand it should
snap back instantly.
(c) Copyright: Kim Beardsmore
About The Author
Kim is successful a weight
loss coach who will help you find consistent results. You will learn how to stabilize at your goal
weight and never 'diet' again. No public 'weigh-ins', meetings that cost you money or fads...simply
long term results. Free, no obligation consultation: Visit today: http://tinyurl.com/2hw9r. Would you like to earn money from